Due to serious injury or old age, more and more people are unexpectedly losing the ability to make their own decisions. If they have yet to appoint an Attorney, an application can be made to the Court of Protection.

We understand it can be difficult to prepare for when someone may need assistance with their affairs. Where someone has lost mental capacity and has not got a Power of Attorney in place, it is still possible to appoint a deputy through the Court of Protection.

The Court of Protection has jurisdiction to appoint a deputy for someone’s financial affairs and, in some cases, their health and welfare decisions.

We can assist in making the initial application to the Court of Protection and, if needed, can assist in the ongoing reporting that is required to the Court of Protection once someone has been appointed a Deputy. We can advise you of the process for applying to the Court of Protection, together with the likely costs involved.

Meet the Team

Our Team specialise in a number of different areas. These are members of our team who specialise in this area. To see how we can help you, please give a team member a call, or alternatively, you can email a member of the team and we’ll get back to you as soon as is possible.

DSC2236 3 adam best

Adam Jessup BA (Hons), TEP

Director / Solicitor

Megan DSC5852 2

Megan Passat LLB (Hons), LLM


DSC2317 sarah best

Sarah Prince TEP

Director / Solicitor

Contact Us

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Newport Office

36 St James Street, Newport, PO30 1LF

01983 524741

01983 556088

Freshwater Office

Avenue House, Avenue Road, Freshwater, PO40 9UZ

01983 752492

01983 754247