Many people wish to change their name, for a variety of reasons. If you wish to change your name, you may want to do so by way of a Change of Name Deed.

The process of changing your name is straight forward and involves the drawing up of a Change of Name Deed document which will set out your old name, and your new adopted name. One of our solicitors can prepare this document, and once it is properly signed and witnessed it can be used as evidence of a change of name.

So long as you are over the age of 18 you are legally entitled to change your name, for any reason you wish, as long as your intent is not to defraud or deceive another person.

If you wish to change a child’s name, this can also be arranged but it is a little more complex as it requires the consent of all parties who have parental responsibility for the child to agree to it.

We will also advise you if a Deed Poll is a better option for you.

Meet the Team

Our Team specialise in a number of different areas. These are members of our team who specialise in this area. To see how we can help you, please give a team member a call, or alternatively, you can email a member of the team and we’ll get back to you as soon as is possible.

Jim DSC5887 2

James Thorn LLB (Hons)

Associate Director / Solicitor

Kyle DSC4718 2 2

Kyle Cooper LLB (Hons), LLM


Contact Us

"*" indicates required fields

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Newport Office

36 St James Street, Newport, PO30 1LF

01983 524741

01983 556088

Freshwater Office

Avenue House, Avenue Road, Freshwater, PO40 9UZ

01983 752492

01983 754247